4 of the Best Hybrid Cars for Uber and Lyft Drivers in 2022
As gas prices continue to fluctuate and worry consumers, the question of which car is best for rideshare drivers is even more complicated. Do you choose a larger vehicle with poor gas mileage to qualify for Uber XL? Or do you choose a tiny compact to drive for Lyft that may be passed over by picky passengers?
Choosing a hybrid vehicle is likely going to be your best bet. A fuel-efficient and spacious sedan will help you make the most money driving for Uber, Lyft, or any other ridesharing service. Check out four of the best options for 2022.
ELATED: The Top 4 Best Cars for Lyft and Uber Drivers
4. The 2022 Honda Accord Hybrid offers a lot of power and fun
The Honda Accord Hybrid midsize sedan starts at just under $40,000 new and offers all the reliability, longevity, and value of a Honda. This potential rideshare car offers comfort features like dual-zone auto climate control and front and rear cupholders.
Standard Honda Sensing® Safety & Driver-Assistive Technologies give you peace of mind no matter where your Uber or Lyft passenger needs to go. The Accord Hybrid boasts 212 total system horsepower and an e-CVT, but still offers up to 47 mpg combined.
RELATED: 2022 Accord Hybrid vs. 2022 Camry Hybrid: Which is Better for Lyft and Uber?
3. The 2022 Hyundai Elantra Hybrid is a rideshare car on a budget
Hyundai Elantra Hybrid sedan was the only compact car that made it onto Newsweek’s list of the best cars for Uber and Lyft drivers. This speaks volumes to the value of the Elantra Hybrid as a rideshare vehicle. Its 1.6-liter four-cylinder hybrid engine only makes a combined 139 hp, but what you lose in power you’ll make up for in fuel economy.
The 2022 Elantra Hybrid returns up to 54 mpg combined, which means a larger profit for you as a rideshare driver.
RELATED: 2022 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid vs. 2022 Elantra Hybrid: Which is Better for Lyft and Uber Drivers?
2. The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid offers spacious comfort
The Toyota Camry Hybrid midsize sedan is a comfortable and roomy option and has been for years. It’s also safe and reliable, a big plus for a rideshare car. The Camry Hybrid provides a lot of passenger space, with comfortable shoulder, leg, and hip room for up to five.
If you drive for Uber or Lyft, you’ll likely appreciate the standard Toyota Safety Sense features. And no matter which rideshare service you drive for, you’ll love getting up to 52 mpg combined and saving money on gas.
1. The 2022 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has safety features that make rideshare driving a breeze
The Hyundai Sonata Hybrid midsize sedan is undoubtedly one of the most stylish cars on the list. If curb appeal is part of your strategy to be the best Uber or Lyft driver out there, the Sonata Hybrid provides. It also offers up to 52 mpg combined and combined 192 system hp.
Standard safety features are plentiful on the 2022 Sonata Hybrid, making it an even better value. These include Smart Cruise Control, Lane Following Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection (great for those driving in busy cities), and Safe Exit Warning. A neat additional feature is a solar roof, which comes standard only on the 2022 Elantra Hybrid Limited sedan.
Which hybrid will you choose to drive for Uber or Lyft?
You can’t go wrong with any of the hybrid sedans on this list. Driving a hybrid car for rideshare services is a great way to spend less money on gas, impress your passengers, and help out the Earth a little while you’re doing it.
RELATED: 5 of the Best Cars to Use for Uber and Lyft
- Wie man ein Fleischseil binden
- The Pros and Cons of Plastic Greenhouses: What You Need to Know
- How to Design and 3D Print a Mashup Model
- How to Start a Hardware Store
- Imperial College London & Microsoft Propose a Cheap and Accessible Method for Upgrading 3D Printers to 5 Axes
- Northern B.C. drone study aims to improve access to healthcare supplies for Indigenous communities
- Safety And Security Drones Market Size, Trends, Comprehensive Analysis, 2022-2030
- Stigmergy versus behavioral flexibility and planning in honeybee comb construction Stigmergy versus behavioral flexibility and planning in honeybee comb construction