An Easy Fix For Inconsistent Layers In Cheap 3D Printers
If there’s one thing you can say about [Stefan] from CNC Kitchen, it’s that he’s methodical when he’s working on an improvement to his 3D printing processes, or when he’s chasing down a problem with a printer. Case in point: this root-cause analysis of extrusion inconsistencies with an entry-level 3D printer.
The printer in question is a Cetus MK3, a printer that found its way onto many benches due to its ridiculously low price and high-quality linear bearings. Unfortunately, there’s still a lot to be desired about the printer, and its tendency for inconsistent layers was chief among [Stefan]’s gripes. Such “blubbiness” can be pinned on any number of problems, but rather than guess, [Stefan] went through a systematic process of elimination to find the root cause. We won’t spoil the ending, but suffice it to say that the problem was subtle, and could probably be the cause of similar problems with other printers. The fix was also easy, and completely mechanical — just a couple of parts to replace. The video below shows the whole diagnosis process, as well as the before and after comparisons. [Stefan] also teases an upcoming treatment on how he converted the Cetus from the stock proprietary control board, which we’re interested in seeing.
If you haven’t checked out any of [Stefan]’s other 3D printing videos, you really should take a look. Whether it’s vibration damping with a concrete paver, salt annealing prints for strength, or using finite element analysis to optimize infills, he’s always got an interesting take on 3D printing.
[Baldpower] tipped us off on this one. Thanks!
- Wie man ein Fleischseil binden
- The Pros and Cons of Plastic Greenhouses: What You Need to Know
- How to Start a Hardware Store
- How to Design and 3D Print a Mashup Model
- Imperial College London & Microsoft Propose a Cheap and Accessible Method for Upgrading 3D Printers to 5 Axes
- Northern B.C. drone study aims to improve access to healthcare supplies for Indigenous communities
- Safety And Security Drones Market Size, Trends, Comprehensive Analysis, 2022-2030
- Stigmergy versus behavioral flexibility and planning in honeybee comb construction Stigmergy versus behavioral flexibility and planning in honeybee comb construction